With so many competitors who have already picked up their qualifying tickets to the British Showjumping National Championships set to take place at the NAEC Stoneleigh, Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire 8th – 13th August, there is still time for many more to qualify. Summer shows are well underway and for those who are eligible there are still a number of second round competitions available to contest. Second round competitions are open to those who have qualified through from the first rounds of their class. Below are the remaining second round qualifiers, the final step before reaching the championships in August.
- The hotly contested KBIS Insurance Senior British Novice holds second round qualifying classes at The Cabin – Sunshine Tour (8th July), Ashby Show (9th July) and Beacons E.C (22nd July.)
- Nupafeed Supplements Senior Discovery second rounds are contested at Bridgend Show (8th July), Chard Equestrian (9th July), The Cabin-Sunshine Tour (15th July), Port Royal (16th July) and Field House (30th July).
- Connolly’s RED MILLS Senior Newcomer Second Rounds – Pyecombe (9th July), Addington Manor (14th July), Arena UK (20th July), Scottish Summer Extravaganza (21st July), Bishop Burton (30th July)
- Equitop Myoplast Senior Foxhunter Second Rounds – Addington Manor (16th July), Arena UK (22nd July), Scottish Summer Extravaganza (23rd July), Royal International Horse Show (28th July)
- The Pony British Novice has qualifiers at Bold Heath (9th July), Richmond (16th July) and Wales and West (28th July – 1st August).
- The Pony Discovery sees qualifiers at Richmond (15th July), Summerhouse (15th July), Crofton Manor E.C (22nd July) and Wales and West (28th July).
- Summer Pony Premiers (inc. HOYS 128cm, The Stable Company HOYS 138cm, Pony Foxhunter Second Rounds, Blue Chip Pony Newcomer Second Rounds and the Pony Showjumper of the Year Qualifiers) – Port Royal (8th – 9th July), Scottish Home Pony at SNEC (20th – 24th July), Welsh Home Pony at Wales and West (28th July – 1st August)
For those that wish to compete in direct qualifiers there are a few still remaining. The Just for Schools competition has a direct qualifier held at Summerhouse Equestrian Centre in Gloucestershire on 16th July, where riders and teams can qualify directly for the final, and the winning team and top three individuals will join those that have qualified as part of the league.
The newly named Big Star National 6 year old Championship still has qualifiers up for grabs. The 11th July and 29th July sees competitions at Pyecombe and Field House respectively, which are both direct qualifiers. Combinations must produce a treble clear to qualify for the Championships.
The National Team Jumping Championship still has three qualifiers left; Chard Equestrian on the 8th July, Tushingham Arena on the 15th July and Arena UK on the 23rd July. Teams can attend as many qualifiers as they wish but once one Team in the Area has qualified, no further Teams for that Area may qualify. 1st and 2nd placed teams will qualify for the championships, however, if 1st & 2nd place are won by the same Area in the same qualifier then the second qualifying place will pass down.
The schedule for the British Showjumping National Championships is live with entries open for what will be an exciting BSNC 2017. Postal entries close 21st July and online entries close on 24th July. Please direct all entry enquires to email@example.com. For information on the event, view the schedule and make entries, please visit www.bsnationalchampionships.co.uk .